So now that you know about what a convection oven is and what makes it so great, it’s time to start shopping! There are dozens of convection ovens out there to choose from, so it’s important to pay attention to a few key features such as:
- Budget: Convection ovens can vary in price from relatively cheap to thousands of dollars. Take a look at what you want to do with your convection oven and how often you’ll use it, then budget accordingly.
- Size: From a convection toaster oven to a full-sized unit, there are quite a few different sizes to choose from and the best size will depend on your personal needs. Ask yourself: how much kitchen space do you have? How many people do you plan on cooking for? How often will you use it?
- Purpose: Another important factor when choosing a convection oven is what you plan on using it for. Will you be using it for commercial use or just to cook for the family every now and then? Different units are better suited for different purposes.
Now that you know a bit more about what to look for in a convection oven, let’s take a look at one of my personal favorites: The Wisco-620 Commercial Convection Oven
The Wisco-620 is a compact and well-designed unit that can be used for either light commercial use or dedicated home cooking, depending on your needs. Easy to use, the oven is made of stainless steel and can handle 2-3 dishes at a time, depending on the size.
One of the best features of this unit is that is has a large glass window that makes checking on your food easy without opening the door and letting all the heat out. It has two simple turn dials that provide an intuitive user experience while still being efficient.
The unit is a good size for a home oven and should be able to fit easily on your kitchen countertop. It measures 19” by 18” by 14.25” and can fit three baking trays inside, giving you enough space to cook for your family and friends. The unit’s heat range is from 100°F to 450°F, which should cover most of your typical recipes.
The Wisco-620 Commercial Convection Oven comes with three custom aluminum baking trays and includes its own racks, which are removable, making it a versatile oven for different sized dishes. Another perk of the removable racks is that it makes cleaning a breeze. You can even remove the door to get a deeper, more thorough clean.
One nice thing about the Wisco-620 is the wide handle on the top of the unit. The door on this unit opens like a traditional oven, making it easy to quickly open and shut, unlike some models which have a turning door handle.
Overall, the Wisco-620 Commercial Convection Oven is solidly built. The tempered glass door and double-walled stainless steel are easy to clean while still remaining durable even with constant use. The built-in high-speed fan does a great job of circulating heat evenly, so you won’t find any cold spots in your oven.
The oven also comes with a 1-year warranty which covers any manufacturer defects, which is a nice little addition for those of you who like some peace of mind.
- Compact size makes it easy to fit in small spaces
- Large enough to fit multiple dishes
- 3 custom aluminum trays included
- Removable racks and door makes cleaning easy
- Double-walled stainless steel build retains heat and provides a durable build
- Recessed legs make for a stable unit that won’t shake or tip
- 1-year warranty guards against manufacturer defects
- Traditional oven handle provides a more intuitive experience
- Two dial knobs make it easy and simple to use
- The tempered glass door makes it easy to check up on your food without opening the door
- The oven is heavier than comparable units, which can make moving it difficult. It’s better suited as a permanent fixture for the kitchen.
- The temperature range isn’t particularly impressive, limiting what you can do with it. If you need to cook food quickly, you’ll find yourself wanting.
- The compact size means you can’t cook more than 2 or 3 dishes at a time. This can be a problem if you have a busy kitchen.
Does it fit your needs?
If you’re looking for something solid that will last, the Wisco-620 Commercial Convection Oven will satisfy your needs. The legs are recessed from the bottom corners so that the unit sits at a stable angle and the stainless steel build makes this a durable unit that can handle whatever you throw at it, even in a commercial setting.
For the size, the Wisco-620 packs a nice little punch and even though it only goes to 450◦F, it heats quickly and well. However, this can make it difficult to cook food quickly if you’re using it commercially and are in a rush.
The size is another factor as well. It’s small enough to fit on a countertop but large enough to fit three baking trays, making this a nice choice for home use and light commercial use. However, it may not be the best choice for a dedicated commercial kitchen due to its inability to fit more than 2 or 3 different dishes at once.
Solid and versatile
Overall, The Wisco-620 Commercial Convection Oven is a great unit for light use. Ideal for small commercial or personal kitchens, it provides enough space and power to cook most meals more quickly and efficiently than your conventional oven. The solid build translates to a unit that will last quite a while and with its many removable components, maintaining the oven should be a breeze.